geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 04:07:14 GMT
The last two source uploads should only be using aries trunk.  The aries branches/0.3-RCx builds
jars with the same version as trunk but they definitely won't work.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 2, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Are you refresh the code from https://people.apache.org/~djencks/?
>
> Here is the list that I built for dependencies:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/util/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/blueprint/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/branches/0.3-RCx/application/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/
>
> I there are mixed version for aries dependencies, some are in branches, some are in trunk.
Maybe geronimo side has something left need to update, I don't know.

> Forrest
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi Forrest,
> >
> > I've pushed today's source to people.apache.org.  It compiles for me :-)  I just
committed an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries proxying/weaving so you
may want to build owb also.
> > OWB is in the build chain already :)
> >

> > I'll probably be around on and off tonight so if you run into problems soon I might
be able to fix them tonight.
> > Triggering an execution just now, so far no problem. thanks!
> > Hi David J,
> >
> > After compiling the snapshot dependencies of aries, I still get compilation error
at plugins/aries/geronimo-aries and geronimo-aries-builder.

> > [INFO] Compilation failure
> >
> >  /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[52,46]
[deprecation] createDeploymentMetadata(java.io.InputStream) in org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory
has been deprecated

> >  /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[63,31]
cannot find symbol
> >  symbol : constructor SimpleBundleInfo(org.apache.aries.util.manifest.BundleManifest,java.lang.String)
> >  location: class org.apache.aries.application.utils.management.SimpleBundleInfo
> >
> > I tried to fix them, but confused around variant aries util/utils classes.
>
> Everything builds fine for me. Are you certain you're building the current version of
Aries trunk? Sure looks like SimpleBundleInfo contains the constructor that the compiler is
complaining about...