geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:05:36 GMT

On May 31, 2011, at 1:44 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> The new aries proxy code also seems to consume significantly more permgen space.  I didn't
investigate in detail but a full server runs out of permgen space around half way through
starting with 128 MB permgen.  My server started OK with 1024 MB permgen.

FYI, the server will start fine with a 256m permgen. I think you could get by with ~ 170m
or so...

JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError" ./geronimo run

should do it...

--kevan