geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject no redeploy option for JSP files
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 07:03:09 GMT
I took a look to see if "no re-deployment when only JSP files are updated" option on the 3.0
server adapter was working.

I couldn't get it to work. The server adapter is attempting to update JSP files to an exploded
directory structure. This fails since applications are packaged in a .car archive. I tried
directly editing JSP files in an archive. These edits aren't being detected by Jasper (I configured
development mode).

Does anybody know of a way to get this to work, currently? It's time, IMO, to stop storing
apps in a .car archive. Wondering if there's an option, in the interim to prevent redeploys...

Also, the server adapter option seems to be limited to JSP files. Would be nice if this feature
could be supported for other files (.html, .css, etc...). Has there been discussion of this?

--kevan