geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Opening up xbean svn access (Fwd: Jar listing performance)
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 05:44:45 GMT

On Jun 9, 2011, at 5:04 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:21 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On Jun 8, 2011, at 9:36 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>> I and pretty much everyone with dual OpenEJB/Geronimo commit is likely way too
busy to commit this patch (XBEAN-176).

>> Ended up having to make CDI related change to xbean and cleared out this patch.
We should still consider opening things up though.

> Let's definitely keep an eye on things. Have there been problems getting patches applied?

Nah it's just been steadily shrinking.  Instead of putting good things in, people just take
them out.  I've watched the finder code get forked a few times and it will likely happen again
as a commons project.

Overall the projects that used to contribute to xbean have largely stopped doing so and we've
been unsuccessful convincing anyone to start using the libraries.

As you say, we'll keep an eye on it.  I don't really have the brain capacity to think about
good solutions at the moment anyway.

-David