geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] How to bind and locate global JNDI for datasource.
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:54:52 GMT

On Jun 17, 2011, at 3:25 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Here are what I tried:
>
> 1,  use openejb remote jndi system to bind DS object with moduleId "openejb/global".
  I added a DataSource service tracker in EjbDaemonGBean to listen DS service to complete
this step.
> 2,  I tried to use fall back to remoteInitialContext lookup in RootContext.
> 3,  I found that JndiRequestHandler can only handle "org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
type DS.     It can't handle TranqlDataSource used in geronimo.

My gut says we'll probably have to handle global DataSources vs global EJB lookups differently.

For the non-global JNDI lookups the AppClient would use the Geronimo built JNDI and that would
have all the datasource, jms connection factory, topic, queue, and other resources bound into
it.  The EJB names were built by Geronimo but were really just links that resulted in the
OpenEJB JNDI being used to look those up via different names (the openejb/Deployment names).

Seems like we need a way to leverage that here.  Is this code running in the AppClient container
or as a bare plain java se client?

-David