geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 03:47:41 GMT
I just pushed another source zip which should fix a few more problems.  Please try it, we'll
get slightly more reasonable results.

It all builds for me against current aries, owb, and openejb.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:44 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Forrest,
>>
>> I've pushed today's source to people.apache.org.  It compiles for me :-)  I just
committed an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries proxying/weaving so you
may want to build owb also.
>> OWB is in the build chain already :)
>>

>> I'll probably be around on and off tonight so if you run into problems soon I might
be able to fix them tonight.
>> Triggering an execution just now, so far no problem. thanks!
>> Hi David J,
>>
>> After compiling the snapshot dependencies of aries, I still get compilation error
at plugins/aries/geronimo-aries and geronimo-aries-builder.

>> [INFO] Compilation failure
>>
>> /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[52,46]
[deprecation] createDeploymentMetadata(java.io.InputStream) in org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory
has been deprecated

>> /home/tcker/tckdata/tckbuildsrc/djg30/plugins/aries/geronimo-aries/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/aries/GeronimoApplication.java:[63,31]
cannot find symbol
>> symbol : constructor SimpleBundleInfo(org.apache.aries.util.manifest.BundleManifest,java.lang.String)
>> location: class org.apache.aries.application.utils.management.SimpleBundleInfo
>>
>> I tried to fix them, but confused around variant aries util/utils classes.
>
> Everything builds fine for me. Are you certain you're building the current version of
Aries trunk? Sure looks like SimpleBundleInfo contains the constructor that the compiler is
complaining about...