geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject More jiras please
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:54:56 GMT
It's very easy to get caught up in the excitement of fixing tck problems and figure that everyone
else understands your changes as well as you do and just commit stuff, but I think its really
extremely important to take a moment to open a jira and explain the context of the changes
and what they are fixing.

For instance, I think rev 1136332 removes an immediate deployment problem but doesn't actually
get the appropriate policy context installed at runtime.  I'm sure it breaks stuff, although
I'm not sure exactly how much.  With a jira we can tie together the various commits that are
clearly necessary to fix this.  If there was an explanation of the motivating problem I might
have a better idea of whether my alternate fix was likely to be correct and I might be able
to just close the issue rather than now waiting for more background explanation.

thanks
david jencks