geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server build failed caused by uddi-ws dependency
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:58:35 GMT

On Jun 16, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

> On 06/13/2011 01:24 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 13, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>>
>>> Simply waiting for uddi guys to push 3.1.0-snapshot out to apache snapshot repo
seems not work, cause juddi guys pushed one 3.1.0-snapshot there already, just they add a
classifier "jaxws21" into the artifact jar file name.

>>> You can see https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/juddi/uddi-ws/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>>
>>> So we may need to find other options to make our server build work:
>>> 1. Check out juddi code and build it before server build
>>> 2. Publish some juddi artifacts into http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repo/,
and make dependecies point to the self-defined version.
>>> 3. Continue asking and waiting for juddi guys to push out a normal uddi-ws artifacts
to apache snapshot repo

>>> What's your thoughts?
>>
>> 4. Temporarily move back to JUDDI 3.0.5? I'm not sure of all of the implications.
But assume we could live with any temporary UDDI regressions...

>> --kevan
>
> Was there a decision made on this?
> Can we build a 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, put it into a local repository (or your option
> #2), and essentially use a "frozen" snapshot until the juddi team starts pushing
> normal uddi-ws artifacts again?
>
> We can rebuild the snapshot if anything significant develops.

FYI -- http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/juddi-dev/201106.mbox/%3c4DF761D0.4040102@gmail.com%3e

I have no idea why somebody in the JUDDI project didn't push a SNAPSHOT to help enable other
projects, in the meantime.

I'd do #2, if I could build 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, which I can't... Is anybody able to build juddi
trunk?

--kevan