geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo v3.0 > Changing the default port numbers
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:59:04 GMT
Okay, I got it.
So then we should try to resolve this ActiveMQ issue (GERONIMO-5987) with the
code as is, without waiting for osgi DS, right? Or did you feel that we should
wait for osgi DS support in order to resolve the issue?

If we're not waiting for osgi DS, is it okay to try and get the issue resolved
temporarily using the etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg config file?

-RG

On 06/28/2011 01:22 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> ah.... declarative services (osgi DS) !=  spring DS (non-spec blueprint).  I still think
osgi DS is the way to go in the future, but its very unlikely I'll be able to work on this
soon.

> sorry for the misunderstanding
>
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 28, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:
>
>> Oh okay, so then the Declarative Services will just be used to configure
>> ActiveMQ? Or have you decided this is not the best route all together?
>>
>> -RG
>>

>> On 06/28/2011 10:50 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>>> I am definitely not replacing blueprint with spring DS.  I spent a lot of time
going the other way.

>>> I think the problem with the placeholder config file is that we aren't running
enough of the felix or karaf deployers.  There's one that reads these config files and stuffs
the data into config admin.  I didn't realize how this was supposed to work when I came up
with the xbean-blueprint stuff.  There are several karaf features that we need in geronimo
(mostly "features") and I hope to have enough time to get them in soon.