geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: G3-trunk build failed
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:42:54 GMT

On 06/21/2011 10:09 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:
> On 06/21/2011 09:52 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

to Progra~1. So is it a bug that needs to be filed in JIRA?

>>> maven.bat dosen't work when JAVA_HOME or MAVEN_HOME contains space character
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-666
>>>
>>> According to this JIRA for Maven....
>>> -
>>> Actually, I think the problem might be double-quoting the value of JAVA_HOME.
>>>
>>> set JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20"
>>> doesn't work for me, but this does:
>>>
>>> set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20
>>
>> Cool. Thanks Gary and Russell! So, we could document this on our Wiki (and document
in the Jira)? Really appreciate you digging through this...

>> If there's a way to detect/avoid this in our Geronimo deployer code, that'd be great.
So, we could hold the Jira open as an "improvement"... I don't view this as high priority.
But still would be a good area for a contributor to provide a patch, if they are interested.

>> --kevan
>
> Ya, but I'd like someone to verify this is true before we update the wiki.
> The (resolved) Maven JIRA actually references xinotes-559 too. So I would assume
> this is the issue.
> However, I have no Windows box to test this on, which I think we should do
> before we preach it to our community.
>
> However, we could add it as a Windows tip suggestion, and then reference the
> MAVEN-666 - then perhaps it is not so preachy.
>

> -RG

Okay - I decided to put in a windows tip in the Wiki, and I referenced MAVEN-666
as the reason for the tip.
-RG