geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: G3-trunk build failed
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:09:20 GMT
On 06/21/2011 09:52 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

Progra~1. So is it a bug that needs to be filed in JIRA?

>>> Is it a Maven-Windows issue, and not a Geronimo issue?
>>> http://www.xinotes.org/notes/note/559/
>>>
>>> But is it not a problem on Windows 7?
>>> http://struts2spring.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/installing-jdk-1-6-and-maven-in-windows-7-2/
>>>
>>> Gary, what version of Windows are you using?
>>> And What file system are you using? FAT?
>>> -RG
>>
>> maven.bat dosen't work when JAVA_HOME or MAVEN_HOME contains space character
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-666
>>
>> According to this JIRA for Maven....
>> -
>> Actually, I think the problem might be double-quoting the value of JAVA_HOME.
>>
>> set JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20"
>> doesn't work for me, but this does:
>>
>> set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20
>
> Cool. Thanks Gary and Russell! So, we could document this on our Wiki (and document in
the Jira)? Really appreciate you digging through this...

> If there's a way to detect/avoid this in our Geronimo deployer code, that'd be great.
So, we could hold the Jira open as an "improvement"... I don't view this as high priority.
But still would be a good area for a contributor to provide a patch, if they are interested.

> --kevan

Ya, but I'd like someone to verify this is true before we update the wiki.
The (resolved) Maven JIRA actually references xinotes-559 too. So I would assume
this is the issue.
However, I have no Windows box to test this on, which I think we should do
before we preach it to our community.

However, we could add it as a Windows tip suggestion, and then reference the
MAVEN-666 - then perhaps it is not so preachy.

-RG