geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Server build failed caused by uddi-ws dependency
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:12:51 GMT
On 06/13/2011 01:24 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
>> Simply waiting for uddi guys to push 3.1.0-snapshot out to apache snapshot repo seems
not work, cause juddi guys pushed one 3.1.0-snapshot there already, just they add a classifier
"jaxws21" into the artifact jar file name.

>> You can see https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/juddi/uddi-ws/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>
>> So we may need to find other options to make our server build work:
>> 1. Check out juddi code and build it before server build
>> 2. Publish some juddi artifacts into http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repo/,
and make dependecies point to the self-defined version.
>> 3. Continue asking and waiting for juddi guys to push out a normal uddi-ws artifacts
to apache snapshot repo

>> What's your thoughts?
>
> 4. Temporarily move back to JUDDI 3.0.5? I'm not sure of all of the implications. But
assume we could live with any temporary UDDI regressions...

> --kevan

Was there a decision made on this?
Can we build a 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, put it into a local repository (or your option
#2), and essentially use a "frozen" snapshot until the juddi team starts pushing
normal uddi-ws artifacts again?

We can rebuild the snapshot if anything significant develops.

-RG