geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restricting build to only one assembly
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:43:45 GMT
You should be able to do this with built-in maven stuff, see

http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-advanced-reactor-options/

I think in this case

mvn clean install -pl :geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6 -am

would build everything needed for the named assembly including the assembly.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 23, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Gary Shin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    I am building Geronimo 3 from source. I want to restrict the G3 maven build to
only generate assembly of one type say "geronimo-tomcat7-javaee-web". So how can i do that,
is there any configuration file available.

> Shawn recently added 'tomcat' and 'jetty' profiles to geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/pom.xml.
So, 'mvn clean install -Ptomcat' should only build the tomcat assemblies. This technique could
be refined for even more granularity, if there's interest... Patches welcome.