geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] How to bring server global/app context to applient context ?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 03:35:48 GMT

On Jun 12, 2011, at 2:53 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> For leveraging openejb remote jndi system idea,   I thought about it,   to add  "global/app
xxx" "openejb/deployment/xxx" mapping in openejb so that when a jndi request comes,  openejb
could return the requested object with following path

> java:global/xxxxx name  ---->  "openejb/deployment/xxxx" name  ---> ejb proxy object.

In that regard we sort of have a global tree already -- was never finished, but will get us
by.  Implemented a quick 'global' lookup ability in the o.a.openejb.ejbd.JndiRequestHandler

It basically assumes all names that start with "global" are global names and directs the call
to the "first" global namespace.

Typically we've been using the "moduleId" request parameter to redirect calls to other contexts.
 We can leverage that for global/app lookups as well if it makes things easier.

Don't know if we want to use it, but it's there if we do.

> But we still need to handle the client side,   how do we wrap the java:global and java:app
jndi lookup with something like ClientEjbReference so that it could genereate a remote openejb
jndi request   in initialContext.lookup() automatically ?   And we need to bind a environment
entries binding copy to openejb jndi ?

Not sure on this one either.  If we're using xbean-naming on the client we could maybe use
a federated context to delegate all unsuccessful "global" lookups to the OpenEJB client context.

-David

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 2:51 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think we should use the openejb remote jndi system.  We might need to modify it.  AFAIK
the only things it makes sense to get to the app client are environment entries and remote
ejbs.

> thanks
> david jencks
>

> On Jun 11, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:
>
> > Curretly,  we only include the ear global and app context to application client
context.   because applient is running in different VM other than server itself.   As a result,
 you can't use JNDI lookup to get the server global/app reference  in appclient.

> > Sure we want to add the global and app context in whole server to appclient module.
  Currently,  following code was used to create the app client context at build time.

> > org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EARContext,
Module, Bundle, Collection) {

> > AbstractName jndiContextName = earContext.getNaming().createChildName(appClientDeploymentContext.getModuleName(),
"StaticJndiContext", "StaticJndiContext");