geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 03:22:38 GMT
Hi Forrest,

I've pushed today's source to people.apache.org.  It compiles for me :-)  I just committed
an update to OWB that makes it more compatible with aries proxying/weaving so you may want
to build owb also.

I'll probably be around on and off tonight so if you run into problems soon I might be able
to fix them tonight.

thanks!
david jencks

On Jun 1, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> On May 31, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

> > On May 31, 2011, at 1:44 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> >
> >> Locally I now have a server that runs eba-with-isolation using aries trunk and
fixes a lot of the tck problems that showed up with this version.  However due to a problem
with aries proxies changing the SerialVersionUID if it is not hardcoded on every serializable
class I've had to add SerialVersionUID to a few hundred classes across several projects.
IMO most of these classes shouldn't have hardcoded serialVersionUIDs because they are not
really intended for long-term compatibility and people will update the classes and forget
to update the SerialVersionUID.

> >> The new aries proxy code also seems to consume significantly more permgen space.
 I didn't investigate in detail but a full server runs out of permgen space around half way
through starting with 128 MB permgen.  My server started OK with 1024 MB permgen.

> > I'd be interested to see how much more memory it's using... Do you have a new drop
of source? In what cases will Aries be building a proxy?

> I pushed a binary and source zip onto my people.apache site.  IIUC the weaving code modifies
every class for aop and this aop-ization is also used for proxies.  I could easily understand
wrong.