geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Yet another proxy/weaving problem
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:02:57 GMT
I've now found another place where the added WovenProxy interface breaks OpenWebBeans.   The
lack of response on the aries list to my first post makes me think that perhaps this interface
can't be removed.  I notice that there's an isSynthetic() method on Class.  I'm not sure what
this means but I'm wondering if it would be possible to mark this interface synthetic and
have the relevant parts of OWB ignore synthetic interfaces rather than explicitly configuring
it to ignore this particular interface?

thanks
david jencks

> another day another problem....
>
> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException: Decorator : Name:null,
WebBeans Type:DECORATOR, API Types:[org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.context.dependent.InteriorDecorator,org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy,org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.context.dependent.Interior,java.lang.Object],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.enterprise.inject.Default] delegate attribute
must implement all of the decorator decorated types, but decorator type interface org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy
is not assignable from delegate type of interface org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.context.dependent.Interior

> I believe the story here is that decorator classes must not implement interfaces that
the delegate doesn't implement, but aries is adding the org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy
to the decorator class.

> OWB is already excluding Serializable and I can modify the code to also exclude org.apache.aries.proxy.weaving.WovenProxy
and the jcdi tests pass but this is going to involve making the list of ignored interfaces
configurable and may not be acceptable to OWB.

> Is there any way to make the weaving/proxying code not add this interface?  I don't think
the jdk proxying code needs to add interfaces....