geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 01:47:56 GMT
I've run into too many problems getting the 3.0-osgi branch to work reliably so I've started
trying to port some of the important changes to trunk to make trunk more osgi-friendly without
eliminating so much of the geronimo infrastructure.   I think it may make sense to try to
make the user experience as osgi-friendly as possible and get ee certified and then try again
with an architecture cleanup.

I've ported one important piece locally, making gbeans into kind of a generic extender mechanism
so the bundle a gbean class is loaded from is not the configuration bundle.  Each gbean info
now includes the bundle symbolic name of the bundle containing its class.    At the moment
the tomcat and jetty full ee servers start and the admin console appears to work OK.  I've
put a source tar.gz on my apache space at http://people.apache.org/~djencks/source.tar.gz
in case anyone else wants to take a look.  I'm working in git and this is several git commits
so this doesn't include much info that would make it easy to compare with current trunk.
If anyone has any other formats they would like to look at let me know and I'll try to come
up with something useful.

thanks!
david jencks