geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to provide external openejb-jar.xml for ejb in war ?
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 22:43:33 GMT

On Apr 28, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Ivan wrote:

> How about extending the current geronimo-web.xml file ? Add an any element to hold the
contents from openejb-jar.xml.

Something like that should work.

Interestingly the topic of alt-dds and EJBs in .war files came up in the Java EE 6 EG.  Specifically,
that alt-dd support is at best ambiguous and at worst broken now that a single module can
be many different types.  It was an incredibly short conversation with little participation
that basically ended in "well if people complain, we can fix it next time."

Anyway, putting the openejb-jar in the geronimo-web.xml is pretty natural.

-David

> 2011/4/29 Shawn Jiang <genspring@gmail.com>
> We can use following style to provide external openejb-jar.xml for ejb in ear.
>
> <application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
>
>     <module>
>         <ejb>ejb.jar</ejb>
>         <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
>
>             <enterprise-beans>

>             </enterprise-beans>
>
>         </openejb-jar>
> </module>
> </application>
>

> But,  in javaee 6,  ejb could put into war directly.    When there's ejb in war, and
we want to use external plan to customize these ejb.