geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Progress on osgi-friendliness
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 00:47:10 GMT
This version had some problems such as the standalone commands (e.g. deploy) and the app client
not starting.  I've fixed these and started integrating the aries 0.3 eba-with-isolation stuff.
 The server starts for me but I haven't tried anything with eba yet beyond seeing that the
bundles start.  I've also figured out an easier way to generate a source bundle.  Latest is
at

http://people.apache.org/~djencks/geronimo-3.0-SNAPSHOT-source-release.zip

any comments would be great!

thanks
david jencks

On May 16, 2011, at 6:47 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I've run into too many problems getting the 3.0-osgi branch to work reliably so I've
started trying to port some of the important changes to trunk to make trunk more osgi-friendly
without eliminating so much of the geronimo infrastructure.   I think it may make sense to
try to make the user experience as osgi-friendly as possible and get ee certified and then
try again with an architecture cleanup.

> I've ported one important piece locally, making gbeans into kind of a generic extender
mechanism so the bundle a gbean class is loaded from is not the configuration bundle.  Each
gbean info now includes the bundle symbolic name of the bundle containing its class.    At
the moment the tomcat and jetty full ee servers start and the admin console appears to work
OK.  I've put a source tar.gz on my apache space at http://people.apache.org/~djencks/source.tar.gz
in case anyone else wants to take a look.  I'm working in git and this is several git commits
so this doesn't include much info that would make it easy to compare with current trunk.
If anyone has any other formats they would like to look at let me know and I'll try to come
up with something useful.