geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: add an m2_repo to geronimo svn
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 12:53:49 GMT

On May 15, 2011, at 10:18 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Another possible way is to create a geornimo bundle/jar for it.
>
> 1,  wget the equinox jar
> 2,  add customized fix code.  (need to contribute back to eclipse per EPL)
> 3,  use bundle plugin or dependency plugin to build it to org.apache.geronimo.bundles.equinox
jar without changing the original manifest.

> This way, our costomized equinox has its clear versioning.   and we could add new fix
to it easily.

Right. So, there are no customizations or fixes to be applied -- we'd be using the jar (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/equinox/drops/I20110514-0800/org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.0.v20110513.jar),
unaltered. So, I see no reason to move the jar into an org.apache.geronimo-based groupId.

I'll also note that any patches would likely be EPL licensed. We won't host EPL source code
at Apache. So, IMO, we'll never be hosting Equinox patches...

--kevan