geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: add an m2_repo to geronimo svn
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 12:53:49 GMT

On May 15, 2011, at 10:18 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Another possible way is to create a geornimo bundle/jar for it.
> 1,  wget the equinox jar
> 2,  add customized fix code.  (need to contribute back to eclipse per EPL)
> 3,  use bundle plugin or dependency plugin to build it to org.apache.geronimo.bundles.equinox
jar without changing the original manifest.
> This way, our costomized equinox has its clear versioning.   and we could add new fix
to it easily.

Right. So, there are no customizations or fixes to be applied -- we'd be using the jar (,
unaltered. So, I see no reason to move the jar into an org.apache.geronimo-based groupId.

I'll also note that any patches would likely be EPL licensed. We won't host EPL source code
at Apache. So, IMO, we'll never be hosting Equinox patches...

View raw message