geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jaxb 2.2 problem in osgi branch
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:56:03 GMT
The only difference I'm aware of that we have between Karaf and
Geronimo configuration is the org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent
property. Karaf sets it to org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=framework
while we don't set it in Geronimo and it defaults to "boot". But that
really shouldn't make any difference in this case as far as I can
tell.

Jarek

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 3:57 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've run into a problem in the osgi branch that I don't really understand yet.
>
> AFAICT in the trunk 3.0 server we install our jaxb 2.2 spec jar and the sun/oracle jaxb
2.2. implementation as a bundle.  Furthermore when we try to use jaxb e.g. for parsing spec
dds, this works and we are actually using the 2.2 bundle.  We also have boot delegation of
com.sun packages turned on.

> In the osgi branch, the car plugin runs a karaf instance in the maven vm.  After the
framework gets built, we start needing to install the jaxb 2.2 stuff.  So, I wrote a little
feature to install the specs, woodstox, and the jaxb 2.2 impl.  However, now the com.sun
bootdelegation seems to be kicking in so that as soon as the jaxb implementation gets to com.sun
classes they are loaded from the framework/vm rather than the jaxb 2.2 imple bundle.

> This pretty much makes sense to me since we have the com.sun.* bootdelegation which IIUC
is supposed to override any imports you may specify.  However, what appears to me to be the
same bundles seem to be working fine in trunk.

> Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work in the osgi branch or why it works in
trunk?

> To see the problem, you can check out server/branches/3.0-osgi and build framework and
plugins/j2ee.  The problem appears in plugins/j2ee/j2ee-deployer.  You may have to use -Pstage-bootstrap
to get the car-maven-plugin to build the first time.