geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openejb-jar-2.2.xsd out-of-date?
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 07:44:44 GMT
Thanks very much David for the info on this topic.

Still have several questions.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:55 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2011, at 1:25 AM, han hongfang wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > I got following errors when I tried to generate the jaxbmodel class for
> openejb-jar-2.2.xsd using maven-jaxb-plugin:1.1.1. Taking
> entity-manager-factory-ref for instance, it can not be found in
> geronimo-naming-1.2.xsd.

The openejb-jar-2.2.xsd comes from latest geronimo server v3.0-snapshot
build under schema folder. To me, I think this xsd file is invalid since for
example, <xs:element ref="naming:entity-manager-factory-ref"/>,
entity-manager-factory-ref can not be found under xmlns:naming="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2". Is this OK?

Another question is, in geronimo v3.0-snapshot, which schema should the
deployment plan openejb-jar.xml comply to? openejb-jar-{versionA}.xsd or
geronimo-openejb-{versionB}.xsd, or even both are OK? and what the value of
{versionA} and {versionB}?

> This old email has some related info:
>
>  http://markmail.org/message/w76ndrfv27v53mbk
>
> There already are JAXB objects for old/new descriptors and as a result the
> schema is rarely updated.  I think for a while we didn't even have one.
>
> There's a bit of legacy here in the for a short bit (Geronimo 1.0/OpenEJB
> 2.0) OpenEJB was not really a separate project in any technical sense.  The
> OpenEJB 3.x codebase returned to being more standalone.  The reason to keep
> the v2 openejb-jar.xml format was it was made 100% for Geronimo -- it has
> all the Geronimo dependency and config stuff in it amongst other things.
>
> Anyway, here are the root JAXB objects for the related trees:
>
> openejb-jar v2:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/oejb2/OpenejbJarType.java
> geronimo-ejb:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/oejb2/GeronimoEjbJarType.java

I'm considering to reuse these JAXB objects in Geronimo server adapter v3.0.
Can you point me to the exact xsd file for this JAXB objects? I did a quick
check, and can not find some classes in openejb-jar-2.2.xsd and
geronimo-openejb-2.0.xsd, which come from latest geronimo v3.0-snapshot
build, e.g., AbstractClusteringType. Meanwhile, I plan to put the JAXB
objects of geronimo-openejb-{version}.xsd and openejb-jar-{version}.xsd into
separate package.

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang (Janet)