geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject de-gbeaning
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 21:54:08 GMT
I'm making progress on the 3.0-osgi branch and hope to have the j2ee plugin building shortly
at which point I plan to look at the tomcat plugin.  (connector is next in the build, but
I have a different approach in my sandbox txmanager.  I'd like to get something less radical
working before looking at integrating that code).

Once j2ee is in it should be possible to work on openejb, tomcat, jetty, and probably most
of the other builder plugins more in parallel.   Meanwhile a few tasks I didn't get to, in
case anyone has time on their hands :-)

-- the karaf-assembly packaging doesn't include legal files and probably not resources.  I'd
like it to include the ones generated by maven-remote-resource-plugin.  I haven't figured
out why they aren't included yet.

- I haven't actually checked that I've removed all use of ConfigurationManager and DependencyManager
and related classes by removing them and trying to build framework.

-- I've been rewriting our deployment plan processing to use jaxb rather than xmlbeans.  As
part of this I'm removing the jsr88 DConfigBeans and related stuff.  I don't think there are
any tck tests for this.  If I'm wrong we may have to reimplement the jsr88 beans around the
jaxb tree.  Reviewing the code in framework to make sure I've been thorough might be useful.

thanks
david jencks