geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openejb-jar-2.2.xsd out-of-date?
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 23:55:52 GMT

On Apr 14, 2011, at 1:25 AM, han hongfang wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I got following errors when I tried to generate the jaxbmodel class for openejb-jar-2.2.xsd
using maven-jaxb-plugin:1.1.1. Taking entity-manager-factory-ref for instance, it can not
be found in geronimo-naming-1.2.xsd.

This old email has some related info:

  http://markmail.org/message/w76ndrfv27v53mbk

There already are JAXB objects for old/new descriptors and as a result the schema is rarely
updated.  I think for a while we didn't even have one.

There's a bit of legacy here in the for a short bit (Geronimo 1.0/OpenEJB 2.0) OpenEJB was
not really a separate project in any technical sense.  The OpenEJB 3.x codebase returned to
being more standalone.  The reason to keep the v2 openejb-jar.xml format was it was made 100%
for Geronimo -- it has all the Geronimo dependency and config stuff in it amongst other things.

Anyway, here are the root JAXB objects for the related trees:

openejb-jar v2:  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/oejb2/OpenejbJarType.java
geronimo-ejb:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/oejb2/GeronimoEjbJarType.java

Here's the newer non-geronimo-specific openejb tree:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/oejb3/

In terms of what we should do now with a new major Geronimo version, I suspect it will largely
depend on David J's work.  Seems like there'll be a very big and very not backwards-compatible
change with regards to parents/childern and dependency information.  Not sure what our plans
are with regards to backwards compatibility of existing descriptors.

-David