geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject jaxb 2.2 problem in osgi branch
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 07:57:47 GMT
I've run into a problem in the osgi branch that I don't really understand yet.

AFAICT in the trunk 3.0 server we install our jaxb 2.2 spec jar and the sun/oracle jaxb 2.2.
implementation as a bundle.  Furthermore when we try to use jaxb e.g. for parsing spec dds,
this works and we are actually using the 2.2 bundle.  We also have boot delegation of com.sun
packages turned on.

In the osgi branch, the car plugin runs a karaf instance in the maven vm.  After the framework
gets built, we start needing to install the jaxb 2.2 stuff.  So, I wrote a little feature
to install the specs, woodstox, and the jaxb 2.2 impl.  However, now the com.sun bootdelegation
seems to be kicking in so that as soon as the jaxb implementation gets to com.sun classes
they are loaded from the framework/vm rather than the jaxb 2.2 imple bundle.

This pretty much makes sense to me since we have the com.sun.* bootdelegation which IIUC is
supposed to override any imports you may specify.  However, what appears to me to be the same
bundles seem to be working fine in trunk.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work in the osgi branch or why it works in trunk?

To see the problem, you can check out server/branches/3.0-osgi and build framework and plugins/j2ee.
 The problem appears in plugins/j2ee/j2ee-deployer.  You may have to use -Pstage-bootstrap
to get the car-maven-plugin to build the first time.

many thanks
david jencks