geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LinkageError woes
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 01:57:06 GMT

On May 10, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 10, 2011, at 8:19 PM, David Blevins wrote:

etc) and it seems we've followed that path as far as it will lead us.  Currently stuck at
the following with no good ideas on how to work around it.

by moving up to the latest OpenJPA release. Obviously, I was mis-guided (at best) and definitely
hadn't gotten to the test validation stage.

banging my head against the wall for a bit...

>>> Well, one reason why OpenJPA wouldn't help resolve is if OpenJPA weren't involved...
Hmph.

>>> If my memory is correct, this will work on Felix...
>>
>> Indeed it seems like an Equinox issue.
>>
>> Tried a hack involving wrapping the classloader with one that double-tries loadClass
if a LinkageError is thrown.  Didn't work.  Might have needed to have done the hack a little
deeper -- I just did the wrapping in TomcatWebAppContext.

>> At the moment trying to find at least some dirty hack that will let me get far enough
to see if the test will pass sans this issue.  Current hack idea: eagerly load all annotation
classes.

> Started looking at Equinox code a bit. Also sent of a question. See who gets there first...

Eagerly loading annotation classes alone didn't do the trick.  Loading *all* the classes does
work and results in all 5 persistence tests to pass.

I have a hunch that eagerly loading annotations *and* enums might do the trick.  Going to
see if that is the case as that might give us more information about the issue and potentially
a workaround that might be one we can stomach.  Loading all the classes eagerly is not ok,
but eagerly loading annotation and enum classes might be livable till we can find the real
issue.

-David