geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on geronimo-server-trunk
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 16:57:53 GMT

On May 20, 2011, at 5:12 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 12:04 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
>> Hi David B,
>>
>> Can you help change the buildbot a little bit?
>>
>> We locally build the geronimo trunk is very slow cause there is always new geronimo
snapshot artifacts to download. So can you please help disable the deploy step for geronimo
trunk build?

> Can you explain your problem a bit more? That should only be a problem once a day, IIUC.
IMO, the auto-deploy is very nice to have. Would hate to see it go... If you're having slow
internet problems, a local nexus/artifactory/etc repo might speed up your builds quite a bit
(regardless of snapshot deploys).

I agree with kevan, I think it is very useful to the community to have up to date snapshots
always available.

With the various branches I've been working on locally I ran into the problem of too many
downloads of snapshots I didn't want very seriously, but solved it by configuring my local
nexus not to download any geronimo snapshots.  This can be done easily in nexus using a routing
rule.

thanks
david jencks

> On the subject of buildbot, I think it would also be great to have it running the integration
tests. Was going to have a look at the configuration sometime soon.