typo..
ejb-3_0-fr-spec-persistence.xml  -> ejb-3_0-fr-spec-persistence.pdf
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr220/index.html

2011/4/6 Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com>

Hi Rex,

I too would like to know which parts of the spec cover this.
Hi,
The use case should be extracted from the ejb-3_0-fr-spec-persistence.xml, it seems not be well tested in Java EE 5 TCK. The descriptions are:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7 Container and Provider Contracts for Deployment and Bootstrapping
7.1 Java EE Deployment
7.1.1 Responsibilities of the Container
Once the container has read the persistence metadata, it determines the javax.persistence.
spi.PersistenceProvider implementation class for each deployed named persistence
unit. It creates an instance of this implementation class and invokes the createContainerEntityManagerFactory
method on that instance. The metadata—in the form of a Persistence-
UnitInfo class—is passed to the persistence provider as part of this call. The factory obtained as a
result will be used by the container to create container-managed entity managers. Only one EntityManagerFactory
is permitted to be created for each deployed persistence unit configuration. Any number of
EntityManager instances may be created from a given factory.
JBoss is also dealing with this, ref https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9040

for (1), karaf already has a wrap deployer based (I think) on a pax project.  It uses bnd under the covers and results in (I think) dynamic imports for all the packages used by the wrapped jar.  We also need to be careful not to wrap something that is already a bundle.  It may also be spec compliant to ask the server administrator to convert the jpa provider jar(s) into bundles.  I really doubt the lib directory is mentioned in the spec.... if it is the entire spec committee was asleep...
Yes, no "lib" mentioned. The use case is just one example.. The actual problem is we must provide the ability to convert a jar to osgi bundle so that the vendor provider jar can be used in our server. Further more, the jdbc driver jars also meet the same situation.

for (2), I think we should wait a few days.  In my private work on architecture I've eliminated the dependencies in Environment.  With the possible exception of base classes related to enhancement, I don't think the application actually needs access to the jpa provider classes.  Does anyone know or can anyone figure out what provider imports are needed to make openjpa work?  Aries might have solved this problem....
IIUC, should be org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl

thanks
david jencks