Create a service class with some Java beans and return a Java bean as the return type. So that you can populate it with the values you want (probably getting from resultSet). You can also have a look at the following article:

http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/3735771/Exposing-a-Database-as-a-Web-Service.htm

Deepal

Hey Dev,

I am using Eclipse Galileo, apache tomcat 5.5, Axis2.

I have been looking everywhere and couldn’t figure out.

1.       I want to fetch data from database(mysql).What is the best approach(suggest).Please give me a sample if you have.

2.       I have used ArrayList for it so now the soap result I get:

Soap Request

- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:q0="http://sdsdd"    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

- <           <soapenv:Body>

- <           <q0:res>

  <           <q0:group>application</q0:group>

        </q0:res>

        </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Response:

- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

- <soapenv:Body>

- <ns:resResponse xmlns:ns="http://sdsdd">

  <ns:return>1</ns:return>

  <ns:return>Swetta</ns:return>

  <ns:return>Application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>4</ns:return>

  <ns:return>riys</ns:return>

  <ns:return>Application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>5</ns:return>

  <ns:return>riva</ns:return>

  <ns:return>application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>6</ns:return>

  <ns:return>uiyrur</ns:return>

  <ns:return>application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>7</ns:return>

  <ns:return>rahul</ns:return>

  <ns:return>application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>8</ns:return>

  <ns:return>rita</ns:return>

  <ns:return>application</ns:return>

  <ns:return>9</ns:return>

  <ns:return>rima</ns:return>

  <ns:return>application</ns:return>

  </ns:resResponse>

  </soapenv:Body>

  </soapenv:Envelope>

In reponse Element is <ns:return> rather that it should be <id>,<name>, etc. How do I do that.

3. Just wanted to confirm that whatever is the return from a function is what is generated in wsdl.

4.How can wsdl which is generated at run time be edited.

Appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

Swetta Bhaskar