geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for trunk res
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 02:36:14 GMT

On Apr 25, 2011, at 5:37 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> With the later options, we need to re-setup m2 dev/AHP/build environment immediately
and have to maintain two set of code for tck for an unknown period.   I'd prefer the sandbox/branch
instead of branching current trunk before major potential issues in the new kernel is resolved.

I"m ok with that. As long as trunk changes are being merged into the new branch.

> Here are the possible working logic if choosing the sandbox option:
>
> 1, Run full tck/SVT against the sandbox branch to find the gaps.
> 2, Keep resolving the Major issues until we are comfortable to put it into trunk.
> 3, Branch current trunk to new M2 when the sandbox branch is ready.
> 4, Merge the sandbox branch to trunk.

The key will be when 2 occurs. Hopefully, it will be soon...

--kevan