geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for trunk res
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:41:31 GMT

On Apr 25, 2011, at 12:38 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> The tck won't run against the new code yet, only the framework server builds.
>
> Over the weekend I resolved the git problems I was having and made a linear history version
which is up to date with svn and can be pushed back into svn.

> It would be easier for me to push my changes into trunk.  If we make a sandbox/other
copy I will have to figure out how to deal with svn branches from git, which may not be straightforward.
 If we make a sandbox/branch and want to turn it into trunk an svn mv rather than merge will
work better.

> The next steps I have in mind for the new code are to
>
> -- make the entire server build and start
>
> -- get the auxiliary servers (app client, various deployers) to work
>
> Much as I'd like to get the new code into an easier-to-see location as soon as plausible,
there isn't a whole lot of point to doing that unless more people are going to actively work
on it.

I'd hope that we'd have people willing to work on it. I'd certainly be willing to work on
it... I'd much prefer to see the remaining work occur within svn.

--kevan