geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Disscussion] Reference binded in JNDI is not dereferenced properly when lookup
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:17:41 GMT

On Apr 14, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2011, at 2:42 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> In tranql trunk I've made all the jars into bundles and put in some code that does
some of the work for the DataSourceBuilder.  This is all used in my sandbox txmanager code
and it seems to work by itself but I haven't tried to integrate it into geronimo itself yet.

>> I don't remember if there are still gbeans for the deployer in my sandbox.  if there
aren't, it might be possible to integrate this stuff by wrapping services with gbeans.  It
there are, it's possible that integration might work directly.

>> On a separate issue I wonder if it is time to upgrade tranql to java 6 with updated
jdbc interfaces.  Any thoughts?

> Good question. Seems like a good idea to me. In general, I don't like to push up java
versions without good motivation -- this seems like good motivation to me...

I haven't done any experiments but I think we need to find out if there are any actively used
drivers that are java 5 or earlier (and don't implement the java 6 jdbc changes) and what
happens if you try to use them in java 6.  If either there are no such drivers or java 5 drivers
work fine with a java 6 wrapper then this ought to be reasonably safe.

thanks
david jencks