geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for trunk res
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:45:25 GMT

On Apr 25, 2011, at 1:24 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Also....  There's a certain amount of flailing around in my (local) git commits.  I don't
want to spend a lot of time trying to massage these into clean atomic well-thought-out steps
but I could try to do a little bit of rebasing to combine the most obviously related commits
into more sensible units.

> What would people like in svn?
>
> -- to see all the incremental steps

I have no need to see every incremental step.

> -- to see a slightly better organized version with a few sets of commits merged together

Fine by me.

> -- to see one commit with all changes merged (I don't think this is a good idea, but
it certainly is easy)

Personally, that's fine, also. Intermediate steps, at this point, don't really provide much
information.

In the future, I think we need to find a better way of handling revolutions like this... I
think the work needs to be appearing in svn more frequently -- and hopefully attracting more
collaboration.

--kevan