geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to support add a new broker in Geronimo 3.0
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:48:32 GMT

On Mar 16, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Hi,
>     Now, in Geronimo 3.0, blueprint configuration has been used for ActiveMQ broker.
Now we might be facing the problem how to add a new broker, which is totally different from
the way in Geronimo 2.2.
>     One possible way is to use the similar way in Geronimo 2.2, place a template configuration
file in the var/activemq folder, and while users add a new broker on the admin console, still
use that existed big edit box for the users to display the copied configuration file, then
package it as bundle, save it in the repository and start it.
>     Also, an ActiveMQ broker management configuration is required to record all the added
brokers, so that we could list all the started and stopped brokers.
>     Not sure whether there is a more OSGi-friendly way to do it.  Thoughts ?

I confess that I didn't know/had forgotten that we had this capability. I don't know why it
was added or anybody who's actually used it. I also don't know anyone who is running multiple
brokers in the same server. Multiple brokers may be a nice feature to have, but I'm not sure
why we need admin console support for it.

Personally, I'd be fine if the admin console only supported management of the default broker.
Creation and configuration of additional brokers could be outside the scope of the admin console.
I have no problem with having a general technique for creating/managing all brokers, but that
would be low on my personal priority list...

--kevan