geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why convert OSGi version when building an eba module ID?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 05:47:53 GMT
David,

Thank you for your explanation, it's really helpful for me to understand the
issue.

I also don't think it's a good idea that putting OSGi artifacts and Java EE
artifacts together in a same repository, because it will make user confusion
around from time to time.

On the other hand, the version change chain: maven-style(3.0-SNAPSHOT) ->
osgi-style(3.0.0.SNAPSHOT) -> maven-style(3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) is not a circle,
thus make dev/build/test configuration hard and confusion.

Maybe we can change our trunk version to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to make the
conversion circle, but it is just a tactical way, not a final resolution
about clearing up the co-existing of osgi and java ee artifacts.

Forrest