geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject [Question] Building eclipse plugin with maven
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 03:59:34 GMT
Hi devs,

I used Aries class (which is in com.ibm.etools.aries.core plugin) in GEP
plugin project org.apache.geronimo.st.v30.core to handle Aries project. I
found com.ibm.etools.aries.core plugin is already in the MANIFEST.MF. Since
this plugin is required during compile phase,  I remove the existing
property "resolution:=optional" and leave the version restriction as empty,
But when I issue "mvn clean install" I got following build error.

Any hint on how eclipse plugin dependency is resolved in maven? FYI. All the
other eclipse plugins, which are belonging to eclipse release, in the same
MANIFEST can be successfully resolved without any version restriction.

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been included
tra
nsitively during the resolution process. Here is the information we do have
for
this artifact:

    o GroupID:     org.eclipse.plugins
    o ArtifactID:  com.ibm.etools.aries.core
    o Version:     <<< MISSING >>>
    o Type:        jar

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
{org.eclipse.
plugins:com.ibm.etools.aries.core:null:jar}: The version cannot be empty.
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.validateIdentity(DefaultArt
ifact.java:147)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.<init>(DefaultArtifact.java
:122)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.factory.DefaultArtifactFactory.createArtifa
ct(DefaultArtifactFactory.java:158)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.factory.DefaultArtifactFactory.createDepend
encyArtifact(DefaultArtifactFactory.java:70)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.createArtifacts
(MavenMetadataSource.java:439)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject.createArtifacts(MavenProject.ja
va:1651)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDepende
ncies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1489)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:442)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:6
0)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 36 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 03 11:43:00 CST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/72M
[INFO]

Best regards,

Han Hong Fang (Janet)