geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject How to support add a new broker in Geronimo 3.0
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:19:39 GMT
Hi,
    Now, in Geronimo 3.0, blueprint configuration has been used for ActiveMQ
broker. Now we might be facing the problem how to add a new broker, which is
totally different from the way in Geronimo 2.2.
    One possible way is to use the similar way in Geronimo 2.2, place a
template configuration file in the var/activemq folder, and while users add
a new broker on the admin console, still use that existed big edit box for
the users to display the copied configuration file, then package it as
bundle, save it in the repository and start it.
    Also, an ActiveMQ broker management configuration is required to record
all the added brokers, so that we could list all the started and stopped
brokers.
    Not sure whether there is a more OSGi-friendly way to do it.  Thoughts ?
--
Ivan