geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone tell me what's the reason to remove the .jar extension in GERONIMO-5253 ?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 03:00:12 GMT
Thanks, Shawn!

On Mar 6, 2011, at 6:46 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> In the changes of JIRA[1] made by Jarek, there are many code[2] added in all module builders
to remove the .jar extension from module name.  I could also find similar change[1] in openejb
code.    For EJB module,  because openejb will need the .jar style module name to resolve
the EJB link(xxx.jar#xxx),  the change broke the ejb link cases.

Looks like we broke the link resolving code when we added the Java EE 6 <module-name>
support.  The link resolving code shouldn't be using the moduleId, rather the path of the
archive itself.

Previously there was not spec defined concept of module-name (moduleId for us).  When we pushed
in the spec module-name concept on top of the existing code, things probably got a little
confused.  The moduleId vs path logic was never very clear in the code previously.  Probably
we need to do some tweaks in the integration and maybe OpenEJB to get this right.

> I want to revert the .jar removal code from  EjbModuleBuilder to fix this, but I don't
want to broke other things because of the revert. Can anyone tell me what's the reason to
remove the .jar extension ?

That's the spec defined module name if the <module-name> element isn't set in the descriptor.

-David