geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <>
Subject Generate the correct OSGi metadata for tranql rar module
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:21:32 GMT
While debugging the deployment problems for rar module, it is caused by
missing import packages from target JDBC drivers. With the new OSGi metadata
generation strategy, we will not add dynamic * by default. and from the
dependency tree, there is not jdbc driver artifact. For solving this, I saw
two solutions :
a. Add the import packages from the embedded jar files if necessary, but we
also need to consider whether those import packages could be provided by the
rar themselves.
b. The rar module itself should declare correct import packages, except all
the required packages could provided by itself. e.g. In the
tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.6.rar file, those required derby packages
and javax.sql packages should be added.

For me, the option b is a nature way, tranql should have a more
OSGi-friendly rar modules. Thoughts ?

View raw message