geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Add name-value configuration entry for the deployment scope ?
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:59:47 GMT
Hi, there are many configurations in the Geronimo codes, and all of them are
system scope, using System.getProperty. And seems that the only way to
change it is to set -D while starting Geronimo. Yes, some of them are of
global scope, but some of them are only of deployment scope ( or should be
deployment scope ). for example, in the past, while users want to use their
own JSF API and implementations, we always ask them to stop the MyFaces
deployer, but if we could have a configuration only takes affect in the
deployment process, that would be easier.
My proposal is that to add a configuration in the environment elements,
those values could be kept in the DeploymentContext.
<deployment-configurations>
    <deployment-configuration>
        <name>****</name>
         <value>****</value>
     <deployment-configuration>
</deployment-configuraitons>

Aslo, we might be able to allow the users to configure them in the
deployment portlet, also, might be consider how to take advantage of the
config-admin service.
Thoughts ? If no objection, I would open a JIRA and work on it later.
--
Ivan