geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject GERONIMODEVTOOLS-700: Geronimo as target platform
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:56:30 GMT
Hi all,

In GERONIMODEVTOOLS-700 we made Geronimo as a "target platform" in
Eclipse. Right now the Geronimo target platform exposes a number of
spec jars (the whole Java EE 6 API stack) and OSGi API jars and that's
pretty much it. Now, I'm wondering if it makes sense to actually
export every jar in the repository/ directory as a part of the target
platform definition (or at least export more bundles then we do now).
I'm not sure if this is the "right" thing to do from Eclipse POV. Any
Eclipse experts here that know what would be expected out of the
target platform? Maybe Geronimo could expose two target platforms: one
with everything and one with the basics?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jarek