geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan-Kees van Andel <jankeesvanan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classpath Scanner proposal
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:35:44 GMT
+1, although I think Jar hell is a real issue. Think about libraries like
cglib, asm or commons-*** and the pain they sometimes cause.

But we can easily work around it, for example by packaging all
using-frameworks as uber-jars and renaming
the "org.apache.commons.classscan" packages to something
like "org.apache.myfaces.org.apache.commons.classscan"
and "org.apache.webbeans.org.apache.commons.classscan". This way we prevent
any future versioning issues that libraries like cglib and asm currently
have.

Regards,
Jan-Kees