geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Generate the correct OSGi metadata for tranql rar module
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 05:21:15 GMT
Hi Ivan,

If I understand correctly you are suggesting that the rar file be a bundle itself, with a
bundle-classpath and appropriate package imports and exports?  This seems like a good idea
to me, but we should look at the in-progress osgi jca spec and see if we can be compatible
with this.  (I haven't looked yet and don't know if there are public drafts available).  I've
been looking into how to remove gbeans from our connector support and this ought to fit in
well with that project.

thanks!
david jencks

On Feb 13, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Ivan wrote:

> While debugging the deployment problems for rar module, it is caused by missing import
packages from target JDBC drivers. With the new OSGi metadata generation strategy, we will
not add dynamic * by default. and from the dependency tree, there is not jdbc driver artifact.
For solving this, I saw two solutions :
> a. Add the import packages from the embedded jar files if necessary, but we also need
to consider whether those import packages could be provided by the rar themselves.
> b. The rar module itself should declare correct import packages, except all the required
packages could provided by itself. e.g. In the tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.6.rar file,
those required derby packages and javax.sql packages should be added.

> For me, the option b is a nature way, tranql should have a more OSGi-friendly rar modules.
Thoughts ?