geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Classpath Scanner proposal
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:36:16 GMT
hi folks!

Since I'm tired of waiting for my EE stack to startup because each and every library implements
it's own classpath scanner over and over again, I thought about introducing a proposal for
a framework which allows to first register 'ScanJobs' and then just does all the necessary
classpath scanning only once.

If it turns out to work well, then I even consider this to get submitted as JSR...

But before this point gets reached, a lot of work is still waiting.

I hope a few people are interested in this work and help me specifying/testing the needs!

The api and a bit of docs can be found at my github repo [1][2].

I'm currently working on 'scannizing' OpenWebBeans (and later MyFaces) as a real world example.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://github.com/struberg/Apache-commons-classscanner/
[2] https://github.com/struberg/Apache-commons-classscanner/wiki/Apache-Commons-ClassScan-proposal