geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: OOM:PermGen space problem when running jcdi tck on Linux box.
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:49:34 GMT

On Feb 14, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> The JCDI automation has been in a bad shape for quite a while.   Though the geronimo
start jvm args have been updated to a large max memory level.
> -Xmx2056m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
> The jcdi tck is still not happy with  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space.  I can
also recreate OMM on my local ubuntu box but can't recreate it on my window laptop.
> I don't know if the same problem exists on Mac.   Is anyone else seeing the same issue

I have the same issue on Mac and have been using a JAVA_OPTS workaround similar to the one
you posted.

I had been using a vanilla environment variable.  Seems you found a simply way to do it in
the pom.  We should definitely use your approach.

View raw message