geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1059851 - in /geronimo/server/branches/3.0-M2: ./ plugins/j2ee/j2ee-deployer/src/main/history/ plugins/jasper/geronimo-jasper/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/jasper/ plugins/openejb/openejb/src/main/history/ plugins/tomcat/geronimo-tomca...
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 01:42:12 GMT

On Jan 17, 2011, at 5:30 AM, xuhaihong@apache.org wrote:

> Author: xuhaihong
> Date: Mon Jan 17 10:30:34 2011
> New Revision: 1059851

> Log:
> use tomcat 7.0.6.0-SNAPSHOT

Tomcat 7.0.6 is going to require some work to integrate properly. At the moment, we're going
to see errors like the following:

2011-01-17 17:35:34,915 ERROR [[/jsp21]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener
instance of class org.apache.geronimo.openwebbeans.WebBeansConfigurationListener
java.lang.IllegalStateException: On a thread without an initialized context

        at org.apache.geronimo.openwebbeans.GeronimoSingletonService.getContext(GeronimoSingletonService.java:62)

        at org.apache.geronimo.openwebbeans.GeronimoSingletonService.get(GeronimoSingletonService.java:56)

        at org.apache.geronimo.openwebbeans.GeronimoSingletonService.get(GeronimoSingletonService.java:31)

        at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansFinder.getSingletonInstance(WebBeansFinder.java:52)

        at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.getInstance(WebBeansContext.java:114)

        at org.apache.geronimo.openwebbeans.WebBeansConfigurationListener.contextInitialized(WebBeansConfigurationListener.java:78)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4521)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5004)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:4999)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Tomcat's new ClassLoader MemoryLeak avoidance code is using a temporary thread to configure/initialize
the event listeners for the Context. So, things like JNDI and OpenWebBeans aren't going to
work.

There isn't a switch that can control this Tomcat behavior. Nor do I see anyway to hook into
the Tomcat processing to hook into this processing. Our best hope would be to add some additional
integration code in our externals code and work on pushing this into Tomcat.

--kevan