geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: CDI/OWB status
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:15:21 GMT

On Jan 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 2011, at 1:14 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>> I've been working on the OWB integration some more.  Locally, there are 2 failing
tests with felix and either tomcat or jetty.  These relate to OWB-493 and
 The tests currently take advantage of java compiler limitations to require the ProcessProducerMethod.getProducerMethod
to return an AnnotatedMethod whose generic type parameter differs from that required by the
javadoc.  I assume we'll either get Pete to exclude these tests and/or get OWB to fix the
>>> This also requires a slight change to OpenEJB's CdiResourceInjectionService which
I'm asking about on the openejb list.
>>> More seriously I haven't been able to solve the linkage error I get with the
persistence context tests under equinox.  Perhaps someone with more classloader expertise
than I could take a look at these.
>>> To run just the linkage error tests add this to tck-tests-current.xml under <packages>
>>> <package name="org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.*"/>
>>> and comment out the existing lines.  Then run
>>> mvn clean test -Dgeronimo-assembly -Dincontainer -DassemblyId=tomcat7-javaee6
>> Shouldn't that be "-Pcurrent"? That's what works for me with maven 2.2.1.
> -Dcurrent works for me with maven 3.0.1
>> Also, what is the correct current jsr299 tckVersion? 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT isn't working
for me.
> What's the problem?  I might have built the snapshot locally, I don't recall.  I have
had some problems getting my local nexus to pull anything from the jboss nexus.
>> Looks like 1.0.4.CR2 is the latest...
> IIRC the snapshot has some needed fixes after 1.0.4.CR2.  I think Pete said he was going
to try to push another release this week.

The pom.xml in svn is looking for 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.

There isn't a 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT at CR2 is the "latest" that seems to be
working for me...

View raw message