geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <>
Subject [DISCUSSION] how to support single hot deploy directory for both EE apps and OSGi apps.
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:06:46 GMT
Recently, I just added another hotbundles directory for OSGi bundles hot
deployment [1].   I did this because we support both OSGi and EE application
at the same time.

if we use a single hot deploy location:

1,   Given an jar file with both WAB manifest and geronimo-web.xml.    How
could we tell what deployment path the user want ? handle it as a war or a

2,  the same problem is in a  EJB jar with OSGi manifest.   How would we
know if the user just wants to install a bundle to export some packages.
Or he wants to deploy a EE EJB jar ?

I have not figured a good way to handle the scenarios above for now,
 thoughts ?

View raw message