geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Where's javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer's discovery protocol described?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:00:31 GMT
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> IIRC all the EJBContainer code is in openejb.  Geronimo doesn't modify this standalone
ejb container in any way, and it doesn't relate to osgi in any way either.

I don't think so and that's why I asked here. The code for the
embeddable EJB is in geronimo spec repo -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-ejb_3.1_spec.
Take a look at src/main/java/javax/ejb/embeddable/EJBContainer.java in
which you can find the method createEJBContainer which uses
ProviderLocator.getServices (from
geronimo-osgi-support/geronimo-osgi-locator) which in turn uses OSGi
Service Registry. If OSGi doesn't provide anything useful, the method
EJBContainer.createEJBContainer searches the classpath for
META-INF/services. That's what bothers me, although it seems as a
well-thought-out solution. How did we know META-INF/services should've
been used? Where's it described? Is it described in the spec at all or
is it something implementors can do what they think is reasonable?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
Notatnik Projektanta Java EE - http://jaceklaskowski.pl