geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject CDI/OWB status
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:14:57 GMT
I've been working on the OWB integration some more.  Locally, there are 2 failing tests with
felix and either tomcat or jetty.  These relate to OWB-493 and https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDITCK-168
 The tests currently take advantage of java compiler limitations to require the ProcessProducerMethod.getProducerMethod
to return an AnnotatedMethod whose generic type parameter differs from that required by the
javadoc.  I assume we'll either get Pete to exclude these tests and/or get OWB to fix the
implementation.

This also requires a slight change to OpenEJB's CdiResourceInjectionService which I'm asking
about on the openejb list.

More seriously I haven't been able to solve the linkage error I get with the persistence context
tests under equinox.  Perhaps someone with more classloader expertise than I could take a
look at these.

To run just the linkage error tests add this to tck-tests-current.xml under <packages>

<package name="org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.*"/>

and comment out the existing lines.  Then run

mvn clean test -Dgeronimo-assembly -Dincontainer -DassemblyId=tomcat7-javaee6 -Dcurrent

We also need some resolution of OWB-511 to get all the persistence context tests to pass.

thanks
david jencks